This notice is for this website, www.happilyeveralpha.com, and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you signed up to receive newsletters via this website.
- We process your information in the following ways: To send you bi-monthly newsletters and keep you updated with special offers or freebies.
- We will continue to process your information until you unsubscribe from the mailing list or five years after you do business with this site.
- We do not share your information with third parties, except as needed for ordinary business uses, such as newsletter distribution through Flodesk. Your website activity (pages visited, time on site) is also recorded through Google Analytics and DreamHost (our website host).
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
- The reason we use this basis: to conduct business and promotions of novels.
- We process your information in the following ways: by maintaining and storing data for purposes of marketing and remarketing.
- Data retention period: seven years
- Sharing your information: we do share your personal information with third parties and they include DreamHost, Flodesk, Facebook, Google Analytics, and Paypal.
- If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to data portability;
- the right of access;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to use the full functionality of this website.
DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage. Our storage is managed and accessed through WordPress.
We use the following companies to manage data: WordPress, Bookfunnel, Flodesk, Facebook, Dropbox, Google Analytics.
SPONSORED LINKS, AFFILIATE TRACKING & COMMISSIONS
Our website and promotional emails may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through our advertising partners Google AdSense, Facebook, Amazon Affiliates, as well as served through our own means.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
EMAIL MARKETING MESSAGES & SUBSCRIPTION
Under the GDPR, we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through Flodesk.
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org